Simplified Chinese

Home Overview Information Investment Carrier Schooling Settling-down Life Tourism Entry and Exit
      Guide to Handling Affairs
首页  Settling-down  Guide to Handling Affairs
Materials About Foreign Relatives Applying For Permanent Residence

Applicants must meet all the following conditions: no lineal kinship overseas; having domestic lineal kinship and reaching the age of 60 years old; living in China for at least 9 months every year; having a stable life with guarantee and residence.

1. One application form for each applicant. The applicant or the parents if their children are under 18 years old and unmarried or the entrusted party should make the application at the municipal Public Security Bureau of the major investment place or the permanent place of residence.

2. The applicant should have a valid foreign passport or documents which can take place of the passport.

3. Four 2-inch color photographs, recently taken, against a white background, full frontal view.

4. Every applicant should have a health certificate issued by health quarantine departments appointed by Chinese government or by foreign health medical care organization approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. The health check should be done six months before the application and the health certificate should be a valid one as required.

5. Every applicant should have a certificate of no criminal conviction approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. In addition, a no criminal record is needed in both the major overseas living place (the place where the applicant live for at least 2 years consecutively) and China.

6. Related testimonials for the relatives:

(1). Certificate of the applicant’s relative’s permanent residence registration or the “Certificate of the Foreigner’s Permanent residence” of the applicant’s relative.
(2). Notarized certificate of kinship bond.
(3). Notarized certificate of the applicant’s having no lineal relationship overseas.
(4). Notarized certificate of the applicant’s financial resources or certificate of the applicant’s financial security. (It means disposable property with at least 10-year the amount on deposit according to the standard of minimum amount of subsistence allowances every month at the site of the acceptance authority or certificates of income source 5 years after the application accepted and the income should be above the standard mentioned before. The property or income can be the applicant’s or the shared.)
(5). Notarized Certificate of the Lease of House or Property Right of the applicant or the applicant’s relative.

All the above certificated issued by foreign organs should be approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries.

Notes: The applicant should reach the age of 60 years old and meanwhile meet conditions as required for 5 years consecutively before the application date. The applicant’s residence time in China before the application, such as short-time stay, time of studying or remaining in office, can be counted into the limit of stay as required.

The lineal kinship refers to parents (spouse’s parents), grandparents, children above 18 years old and their spouses, grandchildren above 18 years old and their spouses, including Chinese citizen and foreigners with qualifications of permanent residence in China.

About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Legal Declaration   |   Site Map
Copyright 2009 Nanjing China All Rights Reserved