Applicants must be employed by institutions that come into the following categories: Departments directly under State Council or institutions affiliated to provincial people’s government; Key institutions of higher education; foreign-invested enterprises; enterprises and institutions carrying out national key engineering projects or major research projects; new and high-tech enterprises; foreign-invested ventures encouraged by the government, foreigner-invested venture with advanced technology or export-oriented foreign-invested ventures.
1. One application form for each applicant. The applicant or the parents if their children are under 18 years old and unmarried or the entrusted party should make the application at the municipal Public Security Bureau of the major investment place or the permanent place of residence.
2. The applicant should have a valid foreign passport or documents which can be used to take place of a passport.
3. Four 2-inch color photographs, recently taken, against a white background, full frontal view.
4. Every applicant should have a health certificate issued by health quarantine departments appointed by Chinese government or by foreign health medical care organization approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. The health check should be done six months before the application and the health certificate should be a valid one as required.
5. Every applicant should have a certificate of no criminal conviction approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. In addition, a no criminal record is needed in both the major overseas living place (the place where the applicant live for at least 2 years consecutively) and China.
6. Related testimonials for the Foreign Employees:
(1) Certificates of your post or your professional title issued by your employer;
(2) The “Foreign Expert Certificate” or “Foreigners’ Employment Permit”;
(3) Certificates of registration and annual examination of your employer. (Certificates of annual examination are for the certificates of registration which are promulgated to those non-foreign-invested enterprises and institutions.)
(4) Valid documents that can prove you have resided in China for not less than an accumulative total of 3 year during the past 4 years.
7. Related testimonials for the spouses, common-law partners or foreign children:
(1) Certificate of Marriage;
(2) Children who are under 18 years old and unmarried should have the birth certificates or the certificates of parent-child relationship approved by Chinese laws.
(3) Certificates of adoption and legal custody.
(4) All the above certificated issued by foreign organs should be approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries.
“Departments directly under State Council or institutions affiliated to provincial people’s government” are those departments of scientific research or institutions with administrative management function.
“Key institutions of higher education” are those of “211” Education Project and of first-block enrollment in National Entrance Examination of Province, Municipality, Autonomous Region.
“Enterprises and institutions carrying out national key engineering projects or major research projects” are those have contracts with state organs of the Communist Party of China (CPC) or with people's governments of provinces and take principal work tasks in these contracts. And the Project Certificate issued by the authorities at the provincial level or ministerial level is necessary.
The certificates of new and high-tech enterprise, foreign-invested venture encouraged by the government, foreigner-invested venture with advanced technology, export-oriented foreign-invested ventures are necessary, if you are employed in any of these enterprises. The above certificates should be issued by Development and Reform Commission (State Planning Commission) or departments of science & technology or commerce at the provincial level or above.