The applicants must have significant and special contributions to China and are specially needed by China.
1. One application form for each applicant. The applicant or the parents if their children are under 18 years old and unmarried or the entrusted party should make the application at the municipal Public Security Bureau of the major investment place or the permanent place of residence.
2. The applicant should have a valid foreign passport or documents which can be used to take place of a passport.
3. Four 2-inch color photographs, recently taken, against a white background, full frontal view.
4. Related testimonials for the applicants:
Submitting recommendation letters or relevant certificates issued by administrative departments of Chinese government.
The recommendation letters or relevant certificates means recommendation letters issued by administrative ministries, commissions and bureaus affiliated with the State Council; certificates of residence in China issued by administrative departments of China; certificates of rewards and certificates of scientific research achievements that are of world influence or great value. Chinese scientific and technological specialties of foreign nationalities can be verified and recommended by the Personnel Department and it can issue recommendation letters or identification documents and verify “Certificate of Expert’s Permanent Residence in China”
5. Related testimonials for the spouses, common-law partners or foreign children:
(1) Certificate of Marriage;
(2) Health certificates issued by health quarantine departments appointed by Chinese government or by foreign health medical care organization approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. The health check should be done six months before the application and the health certificate should be a valid one as required.
(3) Certificates of no criminal conviction approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries. In addition, a no criminal record is needed in both the major overseas living place (the place where the applicant live for at least 2 years consecutively) and China.
(4) Children who are under 18 years old and unmarried should have the birth certificates or the certificates of parent-child relationship approved by Chinese laws.
(5) Certificates of adoption and legal custody.
(6) All the above certificated issued by foreign organs should be approved by consulates or diplomatic missions for China at foreign countries.
The birth certificates or certificates of parents-children relationship means certificates which are approved by Chinese laws. The applicant does not need to provide certificates of parents-children relationship if the birth certificate can fully verify the relationship. Otherwise the applicant should provide certificates of statutory validity, such as the appraisal of parents-children relationship and the household register of Chinese citizens, etc. issued by the Public Security or judicial authorities.
Notes: The applicants who have significant and special contributions to China and are specially needed by China refer to world top specialists, talented people with special techniques and celebrities who have made great and significant contributions to national economic development and society or are of great value to the nation, including world famous winners of science prizes, world well-known scholars, entrepreneurs, sportsmen and people in the field of literature and art, etc.