Simplified Chinese

Home Overview Information Investment Carrier Schooling Settling-down Life Tourism Entry and Exit
      Guide to Handling Affairs
首页  Settling-down  Guide to Handling Affairs
Notice to Foster Formalities of Foreign Children in Nanjing

If Chinese with foreign nationalities and overseas Chinese wish to send their children under the age of 18 to their relatives in Nanjing to foster, the parents or guardians of the children can apply for foster formalities from Nanjing Exit and Entry Administration Division of Public Security Bureau. After public security units verify the foreign nationalities of the children, they will process the application.

Ⅰ.  Applying for Visa

Foreign children under the age of 18 can apply for zero-entry, single-entry, double-entry, or multi-entry L-visas that are valid for six months or valid for one year. They can apply for as many times as they want.
Applicants must answer related questions if asked, and provide the following documents:
1.  Applicant’s original and valid passport and L-visa, as well as copies of the applicant’s passport and L-visa;
2.  Temporary Residence Registration Certificate;
3.   Properly-completed Foreigner’s Visa and Residence Permit Application Form with a photograph affixed to the form. The photograph should be:
?two inches in size
?taken recently, showing current appearance
?show full face and front view with a plain white or off-white background
?taken in normal street attire (do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline);
4.  Applicant’s original birth certificate;
5.  Copies of foreign parents’ passports. If both or one of the parents are Chinese,  copies of documents about their permanent resident status abroad should also be provided;
6.  Entrustment notary letter of the applicant’s parents’. The letter must include the names of the entrusted persons or guardians, and the period of time to foster, etc.;
7.  Documents of the entrusted persons’ or guardians’ ID and their written pledges. The written pledges must be notarized by notary organs. Besides, the pledges must include such contents as the entrusted persons or guardians are willing to accept the entrustment of the child’s parents, will take the responsibility of raising and custody the child, and guarantee that the child will leave China by the valid staying period expires.

Note:  Documents issued to applicants previously by institutions abroad must be authenticated by Chinese embassies or consulates abroad.

Ⅱ. Re-applying for Visa

In addition to the above-mentioned required documents, foreigners holding new passports and re-applying for L-visas should also provide the following documents:

1.If you hold a new passport because your previous passport was lost, stolen, or damaged, you should provide certificates of passports loss report issued by the departments in charge of administration of exit and entry under the public security bureau or provide certificates issued by relevant foreign embassies or consulates in China;
2.If you hold a new passport because your previous passport was expired or your visa pages had run out, you should provide the previous passport that you used when you entered China.


1.Applicants must pay application fee in accordance with the relevant regulations of competent organs of Chinese government.
2.The public security organs will impose punishment in accordance with law on those foreigners or responsible persons who unlawfully reside or stay in China or break law in China,.
3.Applicants’ valid staying period and the total entry times should be based on the result of approval by the departments in charge of administration of exit and entry under public security organs.
4.The departments in charge of administration of exit and entry under public security organs have the right to refuse to issue visas and documents to foreigners in accordance with law, and to revoke the issued visas and documents or declare null and void.
5.The normal time, including accepting application, examination, approval, and issue of visas, is five business days.

Nanjing Exit-and-Entry Administration Division
of Public Security Bureau

About Us   |   Contact Us   |   Legal Declaration   |   Site Map
Copyright 2009 Nanjing China All Rights Reserved